Are you a technically-inclined project manager? Do you explore the latest features in Asana, Smartsheet, and/or Jira for fun; or organize your personal life in spreadsheets? Then have we got a job for you!
We’re seeking an awesome US-based person to join our distributed, 20+ person team as a Project Manager.
The core responsibility for this position will be to manage web design and development projects to ensure our clients get the best possible service on time and within budget. This position will be responsible for managing multiple projects at once and leading day-to-day communications with clients, so we’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, self-starting, multi-tasking person.
Since we are a WordPress-focused web agency, our ideal candidate will have at least some working knowledge of how the Internet works and how to administer WordPress. Some knowledge of HTML, CSS, web design, and UX standards would also be helpful, though actual developer skills are not expected: you won’t be required to write code.
- Maintain amazing relationships with inspiring nonprofit clients, many of them nontechnical
- Oversee multiple web projects to ensure they are completed to spec and delivered on time
- Work with clients, designers, and developers to thoroughly document and communicate functional specs and ensure work is completed
- Monitor project hours burndown rate and ensure projects are completed within budget
- Schedule and lead meetings with clients and Cornershop team members
- Test web functionality and ensure client’s requirements are met
- Insanely detail oriented (enough that your friends may secretly hate you for it)
- Incredibly organized (they might mock you for this too)
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced and enthusiastic juggler (literally would be cool, but we’re speaking metaphorically here)
- Ability to keep your cool when others are freaking out
- Proven track record of successful project management
- Passionate about progressive causes
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and development
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Ability to remain cheerful, calm, and organized even though the *$%@ conference line isn’t working for everyone AGAIN
Awesome but Totally Not Required
- Basic knowledge of HTML5, Sass, JS, and/or PHP
- Familiarity with common nonprofit solutions, such as Luminate Online, Salsa Labs, Engaging Networks, Salesforce, and/or other similar platforms
- SEO best practices knowledge and experience
- Some web design skills and Photoshop/Sketch experience
- Previous experience working successfully from home as part of a remote team
- Previous experience working for a creative agency
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our non-profit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
To apply, visit https://cornershopcreative.com/apply/ to submit:
- Your résumé, which should include an indication of which US state you live and work in
- A brief cover letter, explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity
- If possible, links to work you’ve been involved with that we should see, such as recent websites or testimonials
US Applicants only!
Please be sure to include all of these items — to save everyone valuable time we’ll throw out incomplete applications. Thanks for understanding.
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.