Cornershop Creative (https://cornershopcreative.com) is seeking an awesome, U.S.-based WordPress Designer to join our distributed team.
The core responsibility for this position will be building and styling WordPress-based websites, typically from a premium WordPress theme, for our non-profit and small business clients.
We are looking for a great designer with demonstrable WordPress skills and experience. This position will be responsible for interpreting client requirements and turning them into beautiful websites by creating wireframes and design mockups; installing and configuring WordPress themes and plugins; using page builders to implement designs and populate content; optimizing web pages for performance and efficiency; and maintaining brand consistency across entire sites.
Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, curious self-starter comfortable working independently with little supervision, but also able to work as part of a team that includes developers and non-developers. Since we’re a permanently distributed shop (not just during the pandemic), you’ll get to work from home! Cool, right?
- Excellent user experience and web design skills (if you can’t make things look pretty, this isn’t the job for you)
- Experience creating wireframes
- Experience building beautiful, content-rich pages in Gutenberg, Elementor, and/or other page builders
- Basic understanding of the WordPress theme layer: template files and hierarchy, hooks, WP_Query, and so on
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 markup and CSS
- Ability to write CSS for cross-browser, responsive design (not just by using Bootstrap)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors & libraries (particularly SASS)
- Familiarity with current (and evolving) best practices in front-end dev regarding semantics, performance, cross-browser consistency, accessibility, speed optimization, etc.
- Ability to laugh at our stupid jokes (and the occasional good one)
- Familiarity with command line tools like git, gulp and wp-cli
- Won’t lose your s#!% if you occasionally get feedback like “can we make the logo bigger?” or “change the padding by 1px,” which may happen despite our best efforts
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple clients (we keep pretty busy!)
- Ability to “put yourself in someone else’s shoes” to consider the client’s (and client’s users’) needs
- Remembering to un-mute yourself before talking on conference calls
- Being passionate about progressive causes
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our non-profit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
Salary: Approximately $60,000
To apply, visit https://cornershopcreative.com/apply/ to submit:
- Your résumé, which should include an indication of which US state you live and work in
- A brief cover letter, explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity
- If possible, links to work you’ve been involved with that we should see, such as recent websites or testimonials
U.S. Applicants only!
Please be sure to include all of these items — to save everyone valuable time we’ll throw out incomplete applications. Thanks for understanding.
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.