We are seeking an awesome, U.S.-based, part-time, WordPress Designer to join our distributed team.
The core responsibility for this position will be designing beautiful, modern, and engaging custom websites for our non-profit and small business clients. The ideal candidate will also have a strong working knowledge of WordPress and be able to build and style a premium WordPress theme.
We are looking for a great designer with demonstrable WordPress skills and experience. This position will be responsible for interpreting client requirements and turning them into beautiful websites by creating wireframes and design mockups in Figma; installing and configuring WordPress themes and plugins; using visual builders, like Gutenberg and Elementor, to implement designs and populate content; and maintaining brand consistency across entire sites.
Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, curious self-starter comfortable working independently with little supervision, but also able to work as part of a team that includes developers and non-developers. Since we’re a permanently distributed shop (not just during the pandemic), you’ll get to work from home! Cool, right?
- Excellent user experience and web design skills (if you can’t make things look pretty, this isn’t the job for you)
- Experience creating wireframes and static design mockups in Figma
- Experience building beautiful, content-rich pages in Gutenberg, Elementor, and/or other page builders
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 markup and CSS
- Ability to write CSS for cross-browser, responsive design (not just by using Bootstrap)
- Familiarity with current (and evolving) best practices in front-end dev regarding semantics, performance, cross-browser consistency, accessibility, speed optimization, etc.
- Ability to laugh at our stupid jokes (and the occasional good one)
- Familiarity with command line tools like git, gulp and wp-cli
- Won’t lose your s#!% if you occasionally get feedback like “can we make the logo bigger?” or “change the padding by 1px,” which may happen despite our best efforts
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple clients (we keep pretty busy!)
- Ability to “put yourself in someone else’s shoes” to consider the client’s (and client’s users’) needs
- Remembering to un-mute yourself before talking on conference calls
- Being passionate about progressive causes
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our non-profit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
This will be an independent contractor role at the rate of $60/hour. We anticipate 10-20 hours/week, though this could increase and there is the potential for full time work in the future.
To apply, visit https://cornershopcreative.com/apply/ to submit:
- Your résumé, which should include an indication of which US state you live and work in
- A brief cover letter, explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity
- If possible, links to work you’ve been involved with that we should see, such as recent websites or testimonials
US Applicants only! No agencies.
Please be sure to include all of these items — to save everyone valuable time we’ll throw out incomplete applications. Thanks for understanding.
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.