With a Bachelor’s of Social Work, Matt always planned to work in direct care. Starting with case management, he has worked with various populations such as people with HIV/AIDS and within the Child Welfare system. While Matt loved the human interactions, he soon discovered his real strengths were in Project Management and general techiness, so he jumped careers.
Promising himself that he would always work to help people, he started his Project Management career at Kasasa. During that time, he assisted with website designs and launches as well as software deployments for local credit unions and banks. His work Cornershop Creative with is an even better fit, as he can now flex his growing tech skills while working directly with nonprofits each day!
Matt’s knowledge of nonprofit infrastructure and day-to-day experience helps him greatly in project managing while understanding the need for empathetic listening and self-care. Currently, Matt is based out of Austin, TX. However, he loves traveling the world with his husband, so you never know when he will jump on a call from a different city or country!
- Bachelor of Social Work, Xavier University
- Summon all the things, SuperEmpathy (the made-up ability to understand situations from anyone’s point of view)
- Past Employers
- Kasasa, CASA of Travis County, AIDS Services of Austin, Hamilton County Public Defender’s Office
- Zombie Apocalypse Survival Timeline
- 6 months*
- Hyper logic, Calmness
- Spreadsheets, time and people management, speed reading
- Last Known Location
- Austin, Texas