Matt began his career in the world of social work and non-profits. He started by working directly with populations with HIV/AIDS and then with children in the welfare system as a Guardian ad Litem. Quickly learning he was better suited for processes and project management, he began to hone his skills as a project manager at Kasasa. During that time he assisted in website designs and launches as well as software deployments for local credit unions and banks.
His knowledge of non-profit infrastructure and day-to-day experience helps him greatly in project managing while understanding the need for empathetic listening and self-care.
Currently, Matt is traveling the world with his husband and will be all over South America and Asia in the next year. When not a digital nomad, he, his husband, and his dog, Piper, are based out of Austin, TX.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Xavier University
- Summon all the things Super empathy, with the ability to understand situations from anyone’s point of view
- Past Employers
- Kasasa, CASA of Travis County, AIDS Services of Austin, Hamilton County Public Defender’s Office
- Zombie Apocalypse Survival Timeline
- 6 months*
- Hyper logic Calmness
- Spreadsheets, time and people management, speed reading
- Last Known Location
- Montañita, Ecuador