Through the gift of a new toy or book, Marine Toys for Tots brings the joy of Christmas and sends a message of hope to disadvantaged children throughout the United States. Cornershop was well acquainted with their holiday toy drives and eager to help their team refresh an outdated website to better serve the organization’s growth. Their marketing team wanted to be able to update or add content to the site without a developer’s help. They also shared a large bank of fantastic images of adorable kids opening gifts, but those images were gathering dust without a more modern site design to showcase them.
The organization has been around since 1947, and through the new website, they wanted to find ways to celebrate their history, honor the association to the Marine Corps more predominantly, and highlight the new, year-round programs they’re now offering. The Cornershop team set out to do just that.
We built them a bold, modern website to spread the word about all of their programs, impact, and rich history. And, best of all, the new site makes it easy for their team to add or update content on the site as needed. They no longer have to run to a developer every time they need to make a small change!
Aside from a kid-friendly design to show off their mission and heartwarming photos, the new Marine Toys for Tots website is packed with helpful features for their expansive community.
- An embedded map uses Google’s geolocation API to display pins for local chapters all around the country. Locations can be updated through a recurring import, so that the Marine Toys for Tots team can easily make sure location information is up to date.
- To help remove potential language barriers for their audience, we configured TranslatePress to enable automatic translation of their content.
- To ensure their page and email templates in EveryAction matched the new site, we delivered a style guide to help them carry over the new branding.
- We provided template updates and CSS files for the Toys for Tots team’s internal local site CMS.
- A tabbed “star” display of Corporate Sponsors includes an alphabetical organization of logo files, making it easy to add new logos and automatically update the order of the display without too many manual edits.
- To showcase stories presenting organization history, we installed and configured the cool Timeline Pro plugin.
- A new contact form allows for customized notification emails based on the Topic selected by users.
By implementing these features and more, we created a beautiful, user-friendly website to support the Marine Toys for Tots audience and team, and grow their mission and impact. We’re looking forward to seeing their team put the site to work to support America’s children for many years to come!