The new eCards form we built for Toys for Tots extends the Salsa Engage platform for creative list-building and fundraising.
eCards are a great way to offer your supporters a way to promote your cause, in addition to being a clever way to build your list. Our friends at Toys for Tots also use eCards as a fundraising tool by charging a small fee for their cards.
The Salsa Engage platform offers API integration of user data, but we didn’t have a way to integrate eCard features directly into their fundraising layouts. Instead, we built an external eCard form through a simple WordPress site using the Gravity Forms plugin for forms.
We intentionally kept the default template and styling as simple as possible, creating forms that could be embedded into frames on Toys for Tots’ website. Features include:
- Multi-step form design.
- Preview functionality within the form.
- Recipient upload features with field validation.
- From Name value customization so that each card can be sent from a different From Name (like Company Name, for example).
- Per-card and additional amount calculations so that donors pay $6 per card and can add an additional amount to their total as desired.
- Customized receipt links with resend options.
- Integration with Salsa’s Engage platform. We couldn’t sync transactional data through the API, but we were able to immediately pass supporter details and then pull back the supporter ID values from Engage for easy reports and imports.