Self-described as a “non-profit junkie,” Sarah has dedicated her career to serving the needs of the non-profit sector. Her project management experience spans a variety of non-profit management disciplines including strategic planning, community engagement, capacity building, fundraising and research. She has worked both in and for the non-profit sector at the Feminist Majority Foundation, the Sadie Nash Leadership Project, and the consulting firms The Lee Institute and The Curtis Group. With her ever expanding non-profit tool belt, Sarah joined Cornershop Creative to tap into her techie, creative side, while developing meaningful partnerships with her clients to help them more effectively achieve their goals.
Along with her extensive training in facilitation, Sarah is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati DAAP School where she received a dual bachelors degree in Women’s and Urban Studies, as well as Wake Forest University School of Business’s Nonprofit Management Certification Program. Passionate about civic engagement, Sarah is currently a member of the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center’s Aquarium Connection and the Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach, where she serves on the board as the Strategic Planning Director.
Sarah and her husband, Bryce, live in Norfolk, VA on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay where she moonlights as a mermaid and raises their pack of three dogs (Daisy, Rico and Mokona) and sole cat (Nestle).
- BA in Women’s Studies and BS in Urban Studies, University of Cincinnati; Certificate in Nonprofit Management, Wake Forest University School of Business
- paralysing adorableness
- Past Employers
- The Curtis Group, The Lee Institute, Feminist Majority Foundation, Sadie Nash Leadership Project
- Zombie Apocalypse Survival Timeline
- 6 months*
- 4 (3 dogs + 1 cat x 4 paws/each = 16 paws!)
- spreadsheets that will melt your face off
- facilitation, strategic planning, cat herding
- Last Known Location
- Norfolk, Virginia