We’re seeking a professional, people-oriented person to join our distributed team as a Support Manager.
The core responsibility for this position will manage the Cornershop support help desk, triage incoming support tickets, and ensure customers are responded to quickly and in a professional and friendly manner. Additionally, this person will be responsible for managing Cornershop’s help desk system, Freshdesk, which will include managing agents, setting up workflows, and ensuring tickets are seen by the correct team members.
Since our customers are nonprofits, our ideal candidate will have experience working with the nonprofit community in addition to a working knowledge of WordPress site administration. This position will have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to translate technical information into understandable language.
This position will report to the Director of Support & Digital Strategy.
- Monitor incoming support requests and triage by resolving or assigning to other team members as necessary
- Oversee dozens of support tickets at a time to ensure they are completed to spec and delivered on time
- Manage ticket assignments and ensure agents have appropriate workload
- Ensure all tickets are responded to quickly and exceed Cornershop’s SLA
- Maintain amazing relationships with inspiring nonprofit clients, many of whom are nontechnical
- Work with clients, designers, and developers to thoroughly document and communicate functional specs and ensure work is completed
- Schedule and lead meetings with clients and Cornershop team members as necessary
- Manage FreshDesk ticketing system to improve efficiency, manage agents, and report statistics to Director of Digital Strategy
- Experience with ticketing systems, ideally FreshDesk
- Insanely detail oriented (enough that your friends may secretly hate you for it)
- Incredibly organized (they might mock you for this too)
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep your cool when others are freaking out
- Proven track record of successful support management or project management
- Passionate about progressive causes
- Knowledge of CSS and basic website development best practices
- Knowledge of WordPress visual builders like Gutenberg and Elementor
- Strong familiarity with WordPress
- Knowledge of a variety of web hosts, ideally Kinsta and Pantheon
- Ability to remain cheerful, calm, and organized even though the *$%@ conference line isn’t working for everyone AGAIN
Awesome but Totally Not Required
- Familiarity with other CMS platforms
- Familiarity with common nonprofit CRM solutions, such as Luminate Online, Salsa Labs, Engaging Networks, Salesforce, and/or other similar platforms
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and development, particularly around performance, SEO, and a11y
- Previous experience working successfully from home as part of a remote team
- Previous experience working for a creative agency
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our nonprofit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
Salary: Approximately $60,000
To apply, visit https://cornershopcreative.com/apply/ to submit:
- Your résumé, which should include an indication of which U.S. state you live and work in
- A brief cover letter, explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity
- If possible, links to work you’ve been involved with that we should see, such as recent websites or testimonials
U.S. Applicants only!
Please be sure to include all of these items — to save everyone valuable time we’ll throw out incomplete applications. Thanks for understanding.
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.